Our global societies, whether developed or emerging, faceseveral challenges related to vehicles and transportation. Althoughnot limited to, they mainly include:
- An aging population that will operate personal vehicles.
- Continued integration of electronic systems replacingmechanical systems.
- The need to reduce driver or operator distraction from externalmedia.
- Balancing greater operational efficiency and safetyimplications by reducing traffic congestion.
- The need to reduce impaired driver/operator involvement.
- Aging air traffic control infrastructure.